SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - An operation into underage alcohol sales by the Savannah Police Department’s Alcohol Beverage Compliance Unit resulted in seven out of 24 businesses failing, two of which are repeat offenders.
Savannah Police say underage subjects visited 24 businesses ranging from restaurants and bars to convenience and package stores, to determine if they comply with Georgia law and the Savannah City Ordinance in regard to alcohol sales.
Out of the 24, seven failed the operation. SPD says this was Montgomery Market’s second failure since June. For the Hub at Montgomery, this was the third failure since June.
The following businesses were cited, according to SPD:
- Capital Grocery, 2010 Capitol St.
- Lucky’s (S&M Foodmart), 11711 Largo St.
- Pump-N-Go, 2320 Ogeechee Road
- Discount Corner #2, 1590 Anderson St.
- Sunco, 12421 White Bluff Road
- Montgomery Market, 4305 Montgomery St.
- The Hub at Montgomery, 4402 Montgomery St.
The following businesses passed, according to SPD:
- Seven-Eleven, 2810 Skidaway Road
- Ganesh Food Mart, 3014 Skidaway Road
- Parker’s, 2004 Beech St.
- Pump-N-Go, 201 Montgomery Crossroads
- Ram Food Mart, 1101 E. Montgomery St.
- Savannah Beverage Mart, 8614 White Bluff Road
- Tailgate Sports Bar, 11215 Abercorn St.
- Tibet Liquor, 104 Tibet St.
- Waters Chevron, 5009 Waters Ave.
- Water Market, 4402 Waters Ave.
- Zip-N-Package, 2726 Ogeechee Road
- Circle K, 7203 Abercorn St.
- Chu’s, 7202 Abercorn St.
- Walgreen’s, 11509 Abercorn St.
- Publix, 11701 Abercorn St.
- Shell Gas, 14025 Abercorn St.
- Country Convenience, 12415 White Bluff Road
The ABC Unit plans to continue to conduct operations regarding underage alcohol sales and over-consumption.