Vending machine catches fire at health center - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Vending machine catches fire at health center

Posted: Updated:
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Healthcare workers getting back to work after a scare at the J.C. Lewis Health Center on Fahm Street.

Workers say one of their vending machines caught fire and they had to evacuated the building while Savannah Fire responded.

The incident happened around 1 p.m. Everyone was back in the building within two hours.

There was some concern on whether any medicine or medical equipment was damaged, but fire officials say the fire was contained to only the vending area.

Copyright 2011 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow