As Savannah gears up for St. Patrick's Day, a few tips and reminders to make the event as pleasant as possible:
- Avoid traffic congestion on Parade Day by taking the Round Trip St. Patrick's Day Parade Shuttle. Shuttles leave the Oglethorpe Mall beginning at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, and makes returns to the Mall throughout the day until 5 p.m. Cost is $5 per adult.
- Parade patrons must wait until 6 a.m. Parade Day (Tuesday, March 17) to set up in parks and squares along the Parade route. The only furniture allowed in squares are tables, coolers, lawn chairs and 10-by-10 tents. NOT ALLOWED are grills, amplified sound, scaffolding, advertisements, barriers, bartenders and private security.
- Special flat rates will be in place at all City Garages, as well as the Visitor Information Center Parking Lot located on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Metered spaces will be free all day Tuesday.
- This year's St. Patrick's Day Festival will be Monday and Tuesday. The Festival this year will be ungated, but attendees must purchase a $5 wristband to consume alcoholic beverages either outside on River Street, or inside River Street businesses.
- A reminder that the family-friendly Tara Feis will be held from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in Emmet Park
- For details, and more helpful tips, visit the City of Savannah's St. Patrick's Day Guide at www.savannahga.gov.