This is the time of year when most of us start planning holiday meals. But not everyone can afford it. That's where food banks come in, and they need our help.
Shelves that should be full are empty. Many of the holiday food drive donations have not come in yet, and when they do, they're shipped off immediately. America's Second Harvest is looking for donations. They'll accept all nonperishable foods, including rice, canned meats like tuna fish or other products, pasta, even tomato sauce.
There are food drives going on all over the Coastal Empire. Donations can be brought to the following locations:
- Alltel Communications, 7001 Chatham Center Drive, Suite 1000
- BB&T Bank (4 Sites)
- Georgetown Chiropractic Association
- Kroger Supermarkets Palmer & Cay (Savannah Bank Bldg)
- Publix Supermarkets (year-round food drive)
- Yates Astro (Ann Holloway, 651-9000 x 303)
- Chatham County public schools
- Operation Isaiah