A huge blaze destroyed an auto repair shop overnight. Just before 2am this morning, firefighters were called to the business on Ogeechee Road. When they arrived, the building was engulfed in heavy smoke and flames. The large garage was filled with vehicles which were also on fire.
Firefighters had to cut through the sides with a saw to get to some of the flames. The building was heavily damaged along with the vehicles inside. Firefighters evacuated people from the Guest House motel, just in case the fire spread.
An initial investigation shows the fire may have started in an area used as an office. Fortunately there were no injuries.