COLLEGE PARK, Ga. (AP) - Authorities said a 16-year-old boy suffered serious injuries after he tried to burn a pile of pine tree logs and limbs in his College Park backyard Monday.
Fulton County Chief Fire Marshal Keith Padgett said the boy -- whose name is not being released because of his age -- was engulfed when he poured gasoline on the pile of yard waste before igniting it.
Padgett said the boy suffered second- and third-degree burns to his cheeks, nose, forehead, chest and abdomen. He was rushed to Grady Hospital's burn unit after his mother called 911.
Padgett said the region is under a burn ban until Oct. 1.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com