PORT WENTWORTH, GA (WTOC) - Georgia Power is partnering with the Georgia Counter Terrorism Task Force to conduct a field training exercise to prepare for possible physical facility threats that result from acts of terrorism.
The training will take place at Plant Kraft from 3:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. in Port Wentworth. The Georgia Counter Task Force is notifying the public that they may see an increase in authorities from GSP, DNR and Georgia Office of Homeland Security in the areas surrounding Plant Kraft and in Pooler, GA.
The exercise will serve as a simulation and is designed to bring together all assets to help the CTTF be better prepared to detect, deter and prevent acts of terrorism within Georgia.
The Georgia Counter Task Force is made up with six state agencies, including:
- Georgia Emergency Management Agency/Office of Homeland Security
- Georgia Information Sharing and Analysis Center
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- Georgia National Guard - 4th Civil Support Team
- Georgia State Patrol
The Chatham County Sheriff's Office is also providing canine support.