SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - The Red Cross is still assisting residents displaced from a rooming house fire on Monday. The fire damage was minimal, but the city the building is too dangerous to live in because of electrical problems.
The residents were homeless so the Red Cross got them a hotel room and now they are looking for a permanent place for them to live.
"We will then work with the landlords, other agencies, charities, trying to get folks established," said John Wright with the American Red Cross.
Wright says Chatham County is on pace to set a record for the number of fires so far this year and "fire season" hasn't even started.