Georgia's Proposed Constitutional Amendments
- Allows competitive contracts to be enforced in Georgia courts
"Shall the Constitution of Georgia be amended so as to make Georgia more economically competitive by authorizing legislation to upgold reasonable competitive agreements?"
- Adds $10 tad fee on private passenger vehicles to fund statewide trauma care expansion
"Shall the Constitution of Georgia be amended so as to impose an annual $10.00 trauma charge on certain passenger motor vehicles in this state for the purpose of funding trauma care?"
- Allows the State to execute multiyear contracts for long term transportation projects
"Shall the Constitution of Georgia be amended so as to allow the Georgia Department of Transportation to enter into multiyear construction agreements without requiring appropriations in the current fiscal year for the total amount of payments that would be due under the entire agreement so as to reduce long-term construction costs paid by the state?"
- Allows the State to execute multiyear contracts for projects to improve energy efficiency and conservation
"Shall the Constitution be amended do as to provide for guaranteed cost savings for the state by authorizing a state entity to enter into multiyear contracts which obligate state funds for energy efficiency or conservation improvement projects?"
- Allows owners of industrial-zoned property to choose to remove industrial designation from their property
"Shall the Constitution of Georgia be amended so as to allow the owners of real property located in industrial areas to remove the property from the industrial area?"
Proposed statewide referendum
- Provides for inventory of businesses to be exempt from state property tax
"Shall the Act be approved which grants an exemption from state ad valorem taxation for inventory of business?"