SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - St. Joseph's Candler's mobile mammography screening machine spent the day in front of the Largo Tibet Elementary School. Teachers and parents were able to just walk outside and get their yearly mammogram.
"We are working people and it is not always easy to get off work and go somewhere else to get a mammogram and this service comes right to the job," said Mammography Technologist Kimberly Jones-Dowell. "The earlier that you catch breast cancer the better chance there is for survival."
The event is sponsored by the parent center and occurs twice a year.
To make an appointment call 912.819.6800, or to host the mobile unit at your workplace call 912.354.9357.
See below for a listing of upcoming "Screen Machine" stops in the community:
- December 1 - Bryan County Health Department – Richmond Hill
- December 2 - SJ/C Medical Group – Islands
- December 7 - SJ/C Medical Group – Rincon
- December 8 - Sun City - Bluffton
- December 9 - SJ/C Medical Group – Bluffton
- December 10 - Summer Breeze – Wilmington Island
- December 14 - SJ/C Medical Group – Pooler
- December 15 - SJ/C Medical Group – Pembroke
- December 16 - Savannah Chatham Metro P.D. Headquarters - Savannah
- December 17 - St. Mary's Health Center - Savannah
- January 11 & 25 - SJ/C Medical Group – Rincon
- January 12 - Bryan County Health Dept. – Richmond Hill
- January 13 - Chatham County Sheriff's Complex – Savannah
- January 18 - SJ/C Medical Group – Pooler
- January 19 - The Landings Club – Skidaway Island
- January 20 - SJ/C Medical Group – Islands
- January 26 - SJ/C Medical Group –Pembroke
- January 31 - Sun City – Bluffton