Broken heater may have sparked 6-bus blaze - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Broken heater may have sparked 6-bus blaze

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - A fire that engulfed six Chatham county school buses -- may have started because of a malfunctioning heater.

Investigators initially thought it could have been arson, but a preliminary report says it was caused by something electrical.

Southside firefighters battled six burning school buses early Wednesday morning. Four buses used for the county's special needs children were destroyed.

Copyright 2010 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly