SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Residents in Beaufort County and the city of Savannah can get their Christmas trees ground into mulch as part of their annual recycling programs.
There are seven locations participating in the Christmas tree disposal in Beaufort County. Residents can drop off their trees anytime night or day at one of these locations:
- On Lady's Island next to the Huddle House on Sea Island Parkway
- Pleasant Point Road on Lady's Island at the Family Tree Christmas Tree Farm
- Beaufort Plaza at the Plaza Theaters
- The Naval Heritage Park off Ribaut Road in Port Royal
- On Ulmer Road near the county tennis courts in Bluffton
- The Coligny Beach parking lot on Hilton Head Island
- The former site of the Gullah Flea Market on US 278 on Hilton Head Island
Mulching will take place between 8 and 11 a.m. on Jan. 15. Mulch will be given away free of charge to anyone who brings a container to haul it away.
For more information call Veronica Miller, Keep Beaufort County Beautiful coordinator at 255.2741 or email her email@example.com.
Savannh's Bring one for the Chipper Christmas tree recycling event takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Jan. 8.
Christmas tree mulch will be used by the city for parks and neighborhood beautification projects around Savannah.
The free service is available at these locations:
Home Depot, 11180 Abercorn St.
Home Depot, 190 Pooler Parkway
Home Depot, 1901 Victory Dr.
Dean Forest Landfill, 1325 Dean Forest Rd.
Bacon Park Landfill, Shorty Cooper Road
Wilmington Island Landfill, 7022 Concord Rd.
For more information call Nathaniel Glover with the city of Savannah at 912.651.1967.