SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Fort Pulaski National Monument is joining national parks across the country by waiving entrance fees on 17 days in 2011.
The fee free days will be on:
- Jan. 14 - Jan. 17 (Martin Luther King Jr. weekend)
- April 16 - April 24 (National Park Week)
- June 21 (first day of summer)
- Sept. 24 (National Public Lands Day)
- Nov. 11 - Nov. 13 (Veterans Day weekend)
On Jan. 15, 16 and 17 the park will offer guided tours and musket demonstrations. On Saturday, Jan. 16 the park will also feature cannon firings.
Information about special offers on parks nationwide is available at http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm.
"National park vacations are always memorable and affordable," said National Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis in a news release. "However, in these tough economic times, we added fee free days as a way to ensure everyone has the opportunity to visit a park. I encourage everyone to sample a new park or revisit an old favorite."