Fire displaces 11 people in southside Savannah

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -An early Thursday morning house fire in Savannah has displaced 11 people.

The blaze started around 1:30 am at a home on Marian Circle in the Nottingham Woods Subdivision.

Southside firefighters responded and found smoke and flames coming from the top of the chimney.

They were able to contain the fire to the chimney and everyone living in the house made it out safely.

The home did receive significant smoke and water damage, forcing 6 adults and 5 children to find a different place to stay.

The American Red Cross is assisting those displaced.

Copyright 2010 WTOC. All rights reserved.