HINESVILLE, GA (WTOC) - Family and friends gathered at the First Baptist Church in Hinesville to pray for the children on Saturday night. The Liberty County children remain in the Augusta Burn Center after being burned during a bon fire.
It happened Friday night in the backyard of a home on the 900 block of Primrose Lane in Hinesville. Two helicopters flew the children to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center.
Hinesville police said an adult and the children were burning a small fire in a burn barrel when someone poured gasoline on the flames causing it to flare up and burn the children.
The victims were identified them as 9-year-old Mason Tiner and 6-year-old Caleb Hamacher.
Church members said Mason had burns on 10% of his body. He underwent surgery and is expected to recover. Caleb had burns on 30% of his body and remains on a ventilator. Their father, Brian Tiner, was also burned but his wounds are minor.
Police consider this an accident and will not be pressing charges.