Father burned in backyard bonfire released from hospital

HINESVILLE, GA (WTOC) – One of the victims who was burned in a fire Friday in Hinesville has been discharged from Augusta Burn Center.

Two children younger than 10 were badly burned on their chests and faces after someone threw an accelerant onto a backyard bonfire on Primrose Lane in Hinesville just after 7 p.m. Friday. Helicopters flew in from the Augusta Burn Center to rush the two children to the hospital.

Brian Tiner was discharged from the hospital; nine year old Mason Tiner, his son, is in stable condition. Information is not yet available on six year old Caleb Hamacher. Church members said the has burns on 30 percent of his body and remains on a ventilator.

Police said they consider this an accident and will not be pressing charges.

Copyright 2011 WTOC. All rights reserved.