House damaged when laundry basket catches fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

House damaged when laundry basket catches fire

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - One room of a house on Holiday Circle is destroyed because of fire. The woman who lives at the house was getting out of the shower when she found a laundry basket on fire.

A neighbor helped the woman put the fire out, but it flared up again. There was smoke and water damage throughout the house.

"When she opened the room door, which we teach people not to do because that adds oxygen to the fire and can get it going really bad, she found a clothes basket which had caught on fire. We do have an investigator looking at it to determine the source," said Southside Fire Chief Hugh Futrell.

No one was injured.

The fire is still under investigation.

Copyright 2011 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly