SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - The Laundromat on Waters Avenue, near Montgomery Cross Road, is destroyed following an early morning fire. The owner believes it was done intentionally.
"It's arson. It is purposely done. There's no electrical problems or anything like that. That's all I really know. We don't have any leads," said owner George Davis.
While out of town, Davis says he got a phone call around 3:00 a.m. from a fellow business owner telling him business caught fire.
"Shock. Everything's ruined. There's not much to salvage. We're pretty much starting over. It's very heart-breaking," said Davis.
The Laundromat has been in business for 12 years, serving anywhere between 50 and 100 people on any given day. It's been a dream for Davis, but now that dream has gone up in smoke.