Woman returns to family after deadly house fire

By Lynda Figueredo - bioemail

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - A Savannah women is back home with her family after losing her husband and her home in a fire over the weekend.

The fire sparked early Saturday morning on Dell street in the Carver Heights neighborhood.

Doris Dixon, 82, was trapped inside of the burning house with her 83-year-old husband Devereaux Dixon.

A heroic neighbor helped get Doris out of the home, but her husband died inside.

Doris was treated and released from the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Investigators believe a space heater sparked the deadly blaze.

Copyright 2011 WTOC. All rights reserved.