SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - The United Way of the Coastal Empire raised more than $8 million last year and on Wednesday all the volunteers and supporters who helped make the record happen were recognized.
Two hundred and fifty volunteers, 26,000 donors and 700 companies were in the spotlight during their 73rd annual meeting.
Dale Critz Jr., the outgoing chairman, says he is proud of what the group did last year and is looking forwawrd to his new role in 2011.
"You don't really go away. The outgoing board chairman is head of the nominating committee. I've agreed to help the campaign for next year's Detoqueville Drive. So you don't really go away. I just won't have to be chairing the meetings every month," Critz Jr. explained.
This was not just a lunch, the new board members were named and the new executive commitee took shape.
The 2011 board executive committee is:
- Bert Tenenbaum - Board Chair
- Cathy Hill - Board Vice Chair
- Dale Critz Jr. - Past Board Chair
- Jeff Kole - Corporate Secretary
- Pratt Summers - Treasurer and Finance Chair
- Michael C. Traynor - Campaign Chair
- Lee Ann Powell - Community investments Chair
- Jason Usry - Marketing Chair
- Jennifer Giffen - Community Services Chair
- Bob James - At-Large Member
- Dr. Kathryn Martin - At-Large Member
- Camille Russo - At-Large Member