The Chatham County S.A.L.T. Council will present a program Thursday for seniors on how to guard against scams and protect their personal safety.
The 11th Annual Consumer College 2011 presented by Seniors and Law Enforcement Together is taking place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Saint Paul's Greek Orthodox Church Hellenic Center at 14 W. Anderson St.
Registration and breakfast begin at 9 a.m. Cindy Liebes of the Federal Trade Commission will lead the discussion.
The schedule includes:
- The Federal Trade Commission and Scams Against Seniors at 9:45 a.m.
- Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Major Crimes Sgt. Robert Gavin will discuss Personal Safety of Seniors at 10:45 a.m.
- Rose Grant of S.A.F.E. Shelter will discuss Domestic and Familial Abuse at 11:15 a.m.
- Marvara Green, of the Area Agency on Aging, Coastal Regional Commission will discuss The Gateway to Senior Services at 12:45 p.m.
- Jenny House of the Alzheimer's Association, Georgia Chapter, Coastal Georgia Region will discuss Safety and Wandering at 1:45 p.m.
For more information, contact Jami Murray at 912.920.2231.