1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WTOC-TV and Welsh Pawn Shop ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins Monday, June 6, 2011 and ends Wednesday, June 15, 2011. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. (ET) on the last day of the contest. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Georgia and South Carolina, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WTOC-TV, Welsh Pawn Shop, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. Beginning June 6, 2011 individuals can log on to www.wtoc.com and complete the online essay entry form or write an essay on "Why My Dad Deserves the Easy Life" and mail or drop it by Welsh Pawn Shop 3200 Skidaway Road Savannah Georgia. Entry forms will be available online between 6 a.m. Monday, June 6th and 5 PM Wednesday June 15 during the contest, but no official entry form is necessary for entries taken to Welsh Pawn Shop, although entry forms must include name, age, address, telephone number and email address. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, or misdirected entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s). Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WTOC-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WTOC-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WTOC-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize. One prize of an RCA 46 inch Full HD LCD TV will be awarded to one winner based on the judge's decision as to the best essay.
5. Exchanges. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by a daily winner. Prize may be exchanged for a prize of equal value by the Sponsor(s).
6. How the Prize is Awarded. One grand prize winner will be selected by the judges from our entries. Winner will be notified via email and/or telephone.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Prize cannot be mailed or forwarded by express delivery. Winner must pick up their prize in person at the facilities of WTOC-TV, Savannah, GA. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Winner will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 14 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize within 14 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited. Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, as well as transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WTOC-TV or Welsh Pawn Shop will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 from Welsh Pawn Shop. Prize may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WTOC-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize, however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WTOC-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Welsh Pawn Shop and WTOC-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).