SPRINGFIELD, GA (WTOC) - Two people are out of their home Thursday after an overnight fire breaks out in Springfield.
The fire broke out after midnight at 126 Church Rd. in Springfield. When Springfield firefighters arrived, the fire was already through the roof and floor. Fire investigators say nobody was hurt in the blaze but, the fire was so intense, firefighters had to fight just to get into the trailer and the blaze caused major damage.
"We went back in, put those two rooms out. The fire had extended into the attic and the length of the building. We lost those bedrooms completely and most of the damage is due to water damage from trying to fight the attic fire," said Travis Zittrouer, fire chief with the Springfield Fire Dept.
There is no word yet on a cause for the fire. The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.