Residents Escape Fire

Around 2pm this afternoon, one of the rooms in the  house at 604 West 40th Street in Savannah caught on fire. The three people who were in the house at the time got out safely. The flames spread to a house next door, but firefighters were on the scene in minutes and after about an hour, had the fire out.

Margaret Williams, one of the residents, says she's just thankful that everyone is okay. "I'm getting to prepare for Thanksgiving and you know, now I got to deal with this here," she said. "But I just thank the Lord that everything is all right and that everyone is safe, you know. I thank God for that."

Fire investigators still don't know what started the fire.

Reported by: Aaron Vogel,