POOLER, GA (WTOC) - The McDonald's on Highway 80 in Pooler was evacuated for some sort of hazmat situation.
Nine fire units from surrounding areas responded as well as 9 ambulances were sent for each victim. Four agencies - Savannah firefighters, Pooler Fire/Rescue, Southside Fire Dept. and Savannah-Chatham Metro Police - are at the scene.
People called emergency officials when they found a female passed out in the bathroom. When Pooler Fire/Rescue arrived, they found two people passed out in the bathroom.
Ten people have been affected. Two people have been taken to the hospital with serious medical concerns. One woman is still in critical condition. They smelled something funny.
"At this time hazmat is investigating the building. We are going to decon more patients so we don't overload the hospital and more for precaution than anything else," said Chief Wade Simmons, of Pooler Fire/Rescue.
Emergency crews looking in to the cause. McDonald's was closed earlier and has since reopened. McDonald's is also doing its own investigation.