Woman dies after McDonald's hazmat incident - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Woman dies after McDonald's hazmat incident

Posted: Updated: Sep 8, 2011 02:01 PM
POOLER, GA (WTOC) -

An 80-year-old woman has died after fumes erupted Wednesday at a McDonald's on Highway 80 in Pooler.

Slideshow
Click to view photos

Anne Felton, of Ponte Verda, Fla., died Thursday, according to Pooler police.

Carol Barry, 56, of Jacksonville, Fla., had been in critical condition and is now in good condition, according to Pooler police. Nine people were taken to the hospital and everyone had to be decontaminated including three Pooler firefighters.

Hazmat is trying to figure out what substance caused two people to pass out inside the restaurant.  

Nine fire units from surrounding areas responded and nine ambulances were sent for each victim. 

People called emergency officials when they found a female passed out in the bathroom. When Pooler Fire/Rescue arrived, they found two people passed out in the bathroom.

McDonald's has since reopened. McDonald's is also doing its own investigation.

Copyright 2011 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow