Fire damages south side home - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Fire damages south side home

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

A south side home is damaged after fire that burned up the dryer.

It happened on Tara Manor Drive off of Ferguson Avenue.

Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading, but they dealt with heavy smoke.

Although the home sustained water damage, firefighters were able to contain the flames.

"The guys got in pretty quick and got to the dryer before it ever extended up into the ceiling on anything. We were able to get it knocked down and get it out of the garage. The dryer is burned up pretty badly, but other than that, there's basically just some damage right around where the dryer was," said Hugh Futrell, assistant chief with Southside Fire Dept.

The homeowners managed to get out ok- but were worried about their dogs. The pets made it out, too.

Copyright 2011 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly