SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Chatham Area Transit will run a St. Patrick's Day shuttle on March 17.
Service will run from 8 to 11 a.m. from these locations:
- West side at the Westside Shopping Center on Hwy 80 in Garden City
- East side at the Island Towne Centre on Whitemarsh Island
- South side at the Savannah Mall near the carousel in the rear
Paradegoers can park and ride the shuttles into downtown Savannah.
Shuttles will run return service from noon to 3 p.m. from downtown Savannah.
After 3 p.m., paradegoers who need a ride back to their cars can use CAT's fixed routes:
- The 3A and 3B routes will return within a block of the Westside Shopping Center.
- The 10 east Savannah route will return to the Island Towne Centre.
- The 114 Abercorn will return to the Savannah Mall.
A roundtrip day pass to the parade costs $3. Bus riders are encouraged to have correct change.
Passes can be purchased in advance at CAT's main office at 900 E. Gwinnett St. or CAT Central, 124 Bull St. and The General Store at Oglethorpe Mall, which is next to JCPenney.
The Savannah Belles Ferry will begin operating at 7 a.m. Between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., service will only be available from the Savannah International Trade & Convention Center and the Savannah City Hall Landing.
After 4:30 p.m., the regular schedule will resume, which includes the Marriott Savannah Riverfront's pier. Service will be available until 12 a.m.