SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - This St. Patrick's Day weekend celebration is exepected to be the biggest party in the country, according to the St. Patrick's Day Parade Committee Chairman Michael Foran.
More than 1 million people are expected to be in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day.
Savannah-Chatham Metro Police are warning parents to keep their children close by during the St. Patrick's Day Parade.
It's every parents' worst nightmare - they turn around for just a second and their child is gone.
Here are tips for staying safe with children during St. Patrick's Day festivities:
- Take note of what every child in your group is wearing.
- Even children that don't typically wander can get distracted or lost during a parade, there is simply so much to see.
- Spend time beforehand to talk about sticking together. Have a plan in place for if you do get separated.
- Write your phone number an information on a shoe tag or sticker that can be placed inside a garment, so it can be retrieved but not easily seen.
- Designate a meeting space, if your child gets lost.