Friday is the first day of the 2012 hurricane season. WTOC's Melanie Ruberti reports. The National Flood Insurance Program has been extended for another 60 days. Get details here.
A woman accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend appeared before a judge. Lynda Figueredo was in court and has an update.
The Savannah-Chatham Metro Police Dept.'s Central Precinct holds its roll call in Baldwin Park. Don Logana has the story.
It's an honor many men and women in uniform can only dream of - a promotion from chief petty officer to warrant officer. Cyreia Sandlin reports.
Alma hosts the 38th annual Georgia Blueberry Festival. Bureau Chief Dal Cannady has details.
WTOC is celebrating 20 years of miracles. Join WTOC's Mike Manhatton and Dawn Baker this Saturday for the annual Children's Miracle Network telethon. The celebration will be live from noon to 3 p.m. and 7 to 11 p.m. right here on WTOC-TV. All the money raised during the celebration goes to help sick children in the community.
Stay Connected with WTOC:
- Text alerts – Sign up for breaking news and severe weather text alerts delivered to your cell phone
- Email alerts - Sign up to get breaking news in your inbox
- Weather app – Real-time radar, severe weather alerts and more for your iPhone and Android phone
- News app – Latest headlines, video and more from WTOC for your iPhone, Android and Blackberry device.
- Mobile website – Get news, headlines and more at the WTOC On the Go mobile website.
- Social media - Follow WTOC on Facebook and Twitter! Add WTOC to your circles on Google+.
Be sure to watch WTOC THE News Now at 4:00 p.m. and THE News at 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00.