A high rip current risk remains in effect until 8 p.m. Wednesday on beaches including Tybee. Melanie Ruberti has a report.
Hundreds of young people are joining together in the Lowcountry to makeover several homes. Lowcountry reporter Jaime Dailey has details.
The first African-American marines, also known as Montford Point marines, will be awarded the Congressional Gold Medal. Dawn Baker reports.
Stay Connected with WTOC:
- Text alerts – Sign up for breaking news and severe weather text alerts delivered to your cell phone
- Email alerts - Sign up to get breaking news in your inbox
- Weather app – Real-time radar, severe weather alerts and more for your iPhone and Android phone
- News app – Latest headlines, video and more from WTOC for your iPhone, Android and Blackberry device.
- Mobile website – Get news, headlines and more at the WTOC On the Go mobile website.
- Social media - Follow WTOC on Facebook and Twitter! Add WTOC to your circles on Google+.
Be sure to watch WTOC THE News Now at 4:00 p.m. and THE News at 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00.