SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - The Georgia Institute of Technology has scheduled its first series of professional education courses at Georgia Tech-Savannah in order to serve a broader population of adult learners and working professionals.
Starting fall 2012, a total of 11 Georgia Tech Professional Education courses will be offered at the Savannah campus in the areas of Lean Healthcare, Lean & Process Improvement, Occupational Safety & Health, Project Management, and Supply Chain & Logistics Management.
Taught by top Georgia Tech faculty and leading industry experts, Georgia Tech Professional Education courses are relevant and immediately applicable in the workplace. Registration for all courses is now open. Individuals who register 30 days or more in advance will receive a 15 percent discount on course fees. Courses include:
- Lean Overview and Simulation for Healthcare – Sept. 13
- Lean for Healthcare: Turnover Time Reduction – Sept. 14
- Grain Handling Safety – Sept. 20
- Transportation and Distribution Planning and Management – Oct. 2-4
- Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry – Oct. 29-Nov.2
- Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry – Oct. 29-Nov.2
- Lean Manufacturing: Overview and Live Simulation – Nov. 5
- Lean and Safe: Safety Integrated Process Improvement – Nov. 6-8
- Introduction to Safety and Health Program Management – Nov. 9
- Project Management Introduction: Fundamentals to Successful Projects – Oct. 16-17
- Project Management: Managing Risk and Procurements – Dec. 11 -13
The mission of Georgia Tech Professional Education is to develop an educated workforce that is prepared to lead our industries and communities. The division has global impact by supporting economic development via commercialization, innovation and advancing knowledge through research and discovery. In the last year alone, Georgia Tech Professional Education had an overall enrollment of 28,000 students from around the world.
Georgia Tech Professional Education programs do not have minimum requirements or other prerequisites for enrollment. For more information and a complete description of upcoming professional education courses at Georgia Tech-Savannah, visit: http://www.gtpe.gatech.edu/gts-fall