Heavy rains created mess Wednesday in some areas. Evan Johnsonreports. Sharisse Thompson headed to Fleming, Ga., where storms brought down trees. Share your weather photos and video at email@example.com.
SCBT Financial Corp. plans to buy The Savannah Bancorp Inc. for $67.1 million, the companies announced Wednesday. WTOC's Don Logana spoke to The Savannah Bank president.
The Third Infantry Division Headquarters & Headquarters Battalion are preparing to deploy to Afghanistan. An historic color casing ceremony was held at Fort Stewart's Woodruff Theater. Lynda Figueredo has details.
Stay Connected with WTOC:
- Text alerts – Sign up for breaking news and severe weather text alerts delivered to your cell phone
- Email alerts - Sign up to get breaking news in your inbox
- Weather app – Real-time radar, severe weather alerts and more for your iPhone and Android phone
- News app – Latest headlines, video and more from WTOC for your iPhone, Android and Blackberry device.
- Mobile website – Get news, headlines and more at the WTOC On the Go mobile website.
- Social media - Follow WTOC on Facebook and Twitter! Add WTOC to your circles on Google+.
Be sure to watch WTOC THE News Now at 4:00 p.m. and THE News at 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00.