Chatham Apartments Fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

06/11/04

Chatham Apartments Fire

A fire at the Chatham Apartments in midtown Savannah forced several residents to evacuate this afternoon.

Around noon, a fire broke out on the seventh floor. Firefighters and police on the scene evacuated the floors surrounding the blaze, and quickly put the flames out.

The fire was contained to only one room, but two residents were treated for minor respiratory distress.

Investigators aren't saying how the fire started, but do say it was accidental.

Reported by: Melanie Ruberti, mruberti@wtoc.com

Powered by Frankly