Neighbors say CAT bus driver saved home from fire

Neighbors say CAT bus driver saved home from fire

SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Neighbors say a Chatham Area Transit bus driver saved the day after a fire at a home along Stiles Avenue Monday.

"There was nothing but fire and smoke coming out of the house," Lavondra Morgan said.

She first noticed the blaze from across the street and then realized it was her home on fire.

"It was too much for me to handle," Morgan said.

Morgan says that's when she noticed a CAT bus pulling over. She says the driver got off the bus with a fire extinguisher and started putting the fire out.

"I don't know what we would have done without him. Thank you so much! He saved the day," Morgan said.

Morgan says she believes the fire started in an electrical outlet that was sparking.

She hopes to thank the bus driver in person at some point.

Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.