Apartment fire on Saint Simons Island deemed electrical - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Apartment fire on Saint Simons Island deemed electrical

Posted: Updated:
ST. SIMONS ISLAND, GA (WTOC) -

An early morning apartment fire on Ocean Boulevard in Saint Simons forced residents from their homes Saturday.

The cause of the fire has been ruled to be electrical.

The bottom floor of the building housed Golden Isles Realty, with 12 apartment units on the second floor.

Seven of those apartments were occupied, and residents were provided with food and temporary shelter.

The remaining residents of the complex were not home at the time of the fire, and are encouraged to contact the American Red Cross for further assistance. 

Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow