A fire broke out in a living room at a home on Fox Chase Road.
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -
A family is cleaning up after a small fire early Thursday morning damaged their home on Fox Chase Road.
Firefighters arrived at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday. The home had five occupants in it at the time and they made it out safely. No one was injured, but a woman was treated for asthma.
The house filled up with smoke, but the damage was minor. The fire started in
Nicole Shonfelt's room. She tried to stop the fire on her own.
"I was minding
my own business and all of the sudden I see my Teddy Bear burst into flames,
and I grabbed water bottles that were in the room and tried pouring it on there
and then I remember on TV what they do so I grabbed my pants and tried to beat
the crap out of the fire. But that didn't work," she said.
Fire investigators said they believe it was some kind of electrical fire. The family said they didn't need help with a place to stay and they're all back inside now.
Saturday, May 18 2013 6:35 PM EDT2013-05-18 22:35:52 GMT
(Photo Credit: MGN-Online)
The Kiwanis Club of Hilton Head Island to host 17th Annual Rib Burnoff and Barbecue Fest at the Coastal Discovery Museum at Honey Horn on Saturday.More >>
The Kiwanis Club of Hilton Head Island to host 17th Annual Rib Burnoff and Barbecue Fest at the Coastal Discovery Museum at Honey Horn on Saturday May 18th, from noon to 4 p.m. The event will feature local Chilly Willy Band, which played at the very first Rib Burnoff.More >>