Savannah firefighters respond to kitchen fire - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Firefighters respond to kitchen fire

Posted: Updated:
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Savannah firefighters put out a fire Tuesday night at the Brookside Apartments on Edgewater Rd., just south of Montgomery Cross Rd. They say it was a small kitchen fire that started from a pot on a stove. It damaged part of the kitchen.

"It started from an honest mistake. The person stepped out for a minute, thought they turned the stove off, and accidentally turned it on high. It is actually a common mistake made," said Thad Dixon, Savannah Fire and Emergency Services.

The residents will be able to stay in the apartment. 

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow