Sonic employee says he was fired after roach video - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Sonic employee says he was fired after roach video

Posted: Updated:

According to the health department, inspectors closed the Hinesville Sonic Drive-In on Thursday after an employee complained about roaches in the restaurant.

Exterminators were seen in the restaurant Thursday night and the health department says they allowed the restaurant to reopen on Friday.

According to Sonic, they voluntarily closed.

The health department says their investigation began with an employee complaint.

Former employee Terrance Cypress says he posted a video to Facebook showing roaches in the restaurant after he says he tried complaining to his manager.

"I took the video because I wanted to get the situation cleared up. Our general manager ignored it and said it was not something he needed to deal with. I asked him repeatedly because I got tired of bringing them home and shaking them out of my clothes," Cypress said.

Cypres says he did the right thing putting the video online and other people are agreeing with him, even offering him jobs.

"It makes me feel like I have done the right thing. It also makes me feel good because they actually noticed that I was trying to assist the problem instead of making one. I kind of took it as they would appreciate me working there as much as I did at Sonic."

The health department says the restaurant has received almost perfect scores during it's recent evaluations.

Cypress says he was fired for using his cell phone in the restaurant.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow