Man burned in Glennville shop explosion - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Glennville man burned in shop explosion

Posted: Updated:
GLENNVILLE, GA (WTOC) -

A Glennville man hospitalized for burns after a shop accident is in fair condition.

According to Glennville Police, Barry Kicklighter was working on a motor at Glennville Electrical Motors on Rustin St. on Tuesday. An attorney for the shop tells WTOC the motor fell and struck a paint container and the heat of the motor ignited fumes from the ruptured can.

Kicklighter was flown to the burn center in Augusta for treatment to burns on his face and chest. According to his sister, Kicklighter has second and third degree burns on his face, ears and hands. 

Kicklighter had surgery on Wednesday morning and is expected to go home in the next two or three days.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow