WTOC-TV offers unpaid internships for university level students in a variety of departments including News, Sports, Weather, Marketing, Production and Sales.
To qualify as an intern:
- The intern must receive college credit for the internship.
- Must have a college junior or senior status.
- Must commit to 12-20 hours per week during the program. (Interns will work a variety of shifts depending on internship department and students class schedule)
- Student must be involved in an applicable course of study (i.e. Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Broadcasting, Meteorology, Web, etc.)
Internship Terms: (Dates of terms are flexible for students at a college or university on quarters.)
- Spring Term
- Runs beginning of January to end of April
- Deadline for application and recommendation letter: Dec. 1
- Summer Term
- Runs middle of May to middle of August
- Deadline for application and recommendation letter: April 1
- Fall Term
- Runs end of August to middle of December
- Deadline for application and recommendation letter: July 15
Approximate number of internship openings per term:
- News: 4
- Sports: 2
- Weather: 2
- Marketing: 1
- Production: 1
- Sales: 1
To apply, fill out the form to the right of this page. NOTE, you need a member login in order to fill out the form. Create a login by going to the top of the WTOC.com home under "member center.
To forward a letter of recommendation from your faculty supervisor, mail it or email it to:
11 News Place
Savannah, GA 31405 or email your resume and letter of recommendation to: