Glynn County Fire Department responded to a house fire on Magnolia St. in Brunswick around 2 p.m. Wednesday. American Red Cross Disaster
Action Team members from Glynn County were also called to provide assistance to the family of three that was left homeless.
All three members of the family
were not at home when the fire occurred. The mother said a neighbor spotted the
fire and called 911. The neighbor attempted to put the fire out with a garden
hose and was still trying when the fire
According to fire officials,
one bedroom suffered major damage and smoke filled the rest of the house. The
power is still on but the house cannot be lived in until it is cleaned and
smoke damage is no longer a health threat.
should be able to get all the cleaning done and be back at home by the end of
Saturday," said the mother in a press release.
The Red Cross provided the family
with a hotel room for three nights, funds to buy food for a week and three
comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.