Fire puts family out of Ogeechee Road home - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Fire damages home on Ogeechee Road

Posted: Updated:
A fire damages a home on Ogeechee Road. A fire damages a home on Ogeechee Road.
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Five people are staying elsewhere on Monday night after a fire damaged their house on Ogeechee Road.

It broke out just after 1 p.m. Monday. At least one person was taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters from both Southside and Savannah firefighters fought the fire. They believe it started in the kitchen.

Volunteers with the American Red Cross are assisting the family.

There is no word yet on the exact cause.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow