Savannah Fire and Hazmat crews were called out to situation Sunday at Star Castle on Mall Boulevard in Savannah.
Hazmat crews tell WTOC they believe a laundry hamper full of rags caught fire somehow. The rags had cleaning chemicals on them, which caused heavy smoke to fill the building. The fire was small and put out fairly quickly.
Crews evacuated Star Castle and had to block-off the Oglethorpe Professional Court, which is the road that runs next to the building. They say no one was hurt.
The scene is now clear and the road has been re-opened.
Wednesday, June 19 2013 7:33 PM EDT2013-06-19 23:33:28 GMT
More federal indictments were unsealed Wednesday charging 33 people with guns, drug trafficking and other charges.More >>
More federal indictments were unsealed Wednesday charging 33 people with guns, drug trafficking and other charges. The charges are the result of a federal and state undercover investigation called Operation Pulaski that goes back to 2011.More >>