Dirty laundry possible cause for evacuation of Star Castle - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Dirty laundry possible cause for Star Castle evacuation

Posted: Updated:
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

Savannah Fire and Hazmat crews were called out to situation Sunday at Star Castle on Mall Boulevard in Savannah.

Hazmat crews tell WTOC they believe a laundry hamper full of rags caught fire somehow. The rags had cleaning chemicals on them, which caused heavy smoke to fill the building. The fire was small and put out fairly quickly.

Crews evacuated Star Castle and had to block-off the Oglethorpe Professional Court, which is the road that runs next to the building. They say no one was hurt.

The scene is now clear and the road has been re-opened.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow