Star Castle reopens after rags catch fire; hazmat called - WTOC-TV: Savannah, Beaufort, SC, News, Weather & Sports

Star Castle reopens after rags catch fire

Posted: Updated:
SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) -

The manager of Star Castle says the business is back open Monday.

Savannah Fire and hazmat crews were called to Star Castle on Sunday night.

Officials say a laundry hamper full of rags caught fire somehow and that the rags had cleaning chemicals on them - which cause heavy smoke to fill the building.

Crews evacuated Star Castle for the time being. Fire officials say no one was hurt. There was minor smoke and water damage because of the fire.

Copyright 2013 WTOC. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow