The home invasion took place at a mobile home on Seabrook Road.
SEABROOK, SC (WTOC) -
A three-hour manhunt has been called off for two suspects in connection with a home invasion that occurred Friday morning at a mobile home on Seabrook Road.
A 15-year-old boy was taken into custody just after 11 a.m. Deputies continued to search for the other suspect, but he wasn't found.
Investigators have a preliminary identification suspect who remains at large, and they'r trying to verify that person's identity.
The modified lockdown on Whale Branch High School has been lifted as if noon.
Beaufort County sheriff's deputies responded at about 9 a.m. Friday on a report of a home invasion in progress to the Seabrook Road home. The victim told deputies that two black males had just broken a window and entered her home, according to the sheriff's office. The victim locked herself in a bedroom and called authorities.
As deputies were heading to the home, two black males were seen running from the area toward Detour Road.
A perimeter had been set up in the area of Seabrook and Detour roads. Members of the sheriff's office K9 Tracking Team tracked the suspects. They were spotted several times running in the woods in the area, according to BCSO.
It is not yet known whether the suspects stole anything from the home.
Wednesday, May 22 2013 11:46 PM EDT2013-05-23 03:46:56 GMT
WTOC spoke to a Joplin tornado survivor who has since moved to Effingham County. She says instead of focusing on the past, she is trying to help the victims of the Oklahoma tornado.More >>
Wednesday was an emotional day for Joplin tornado survivors all across the country. WTOC spoke to one survivor who has since moved to Effingham County. She says instead of focusing on the past, she is trying to help the victims of the Oklahoma tornado.More >>