The Georgia Supreme Court unanimously upheld the ruling by a Chatham County Superior Court judge dismissing charges against Bobby Buckner who was accused in the 2003 kidnapping, sexual abuse and death of a 12-year-old girl. Don Logana talks to Chatham County District Attorney Meg Heap about the ruling.
Monday kicks off Severe Weather Awareness Week in Georgia. The focus on the first day is family preparedness. WTOC's Jamie Ertle reports.
Lynda Figueredo has an update on a homicide that occurred over the weekend in Jasper County.
Stay Connected with WTOC:
- Text alerts – Sign up for breaking news and severe weather text alerts delivered to your cell phone
- Email alerts - Sign up to get breaking news in your inbox
- Weather app – Real-time radar, severe weather alerts and more for your iPhone and Android phone
- News app – Latest headlines, video and more from WTOC for your iPhone, Android and Blackberry device.
- Mobile website – Get news, headlines and more at the WTOC On the Go mobile website.
- Social media - Follow WTOC on Facebook and Twitter! Add WTOC to your circles on Google+.
Be sure to watch WTOC THE News Now at 4:00 p.m. and THE News at 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00.