SAVANNAH, GA (WTOC) - Chatham Area Transit is providing St. Patrick's Day shuttle service on March 16.
The bus service will run from 7 a.m. to noon from these locations:
- Westside Shopping Center on Hwy 80 in Garden City
- Island Towne Centre on Whitemarsh Island near Walmart
- Savannah Mall near the Dillard's parking lot adjacent to Apache Ave.
Those who plan on taking the shuttle from these locations can park there and ride the bus into downtown Savannah. Shuttle return trips from the parade will run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
After 4 p.m., shuttle riders can get back to their cars using CAT's fixed bus routes:
- The 3A & 3B routes will return within a block of the Westside Shopping Center
- The 10 East Savannah will return to the Island Towne Centre
- The 114X Abercorn Express will return to the Savannah Mall
The $5 St. Patrick's Day shuttle pass includes roundtrip ride to and from downtown. The pass can also be used on CAT's extended late-night service, which runs from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. Passes may be purchased at the shuttle locations. Riders are encouraged to have correct change.
The Savannah Belles Ferry will begin at 7 a.m. It will run from City Hall Landing to the Trade Center Landing. After 6:30 p.m., normal scheduling will resume. Service will be available until 12 a.m. March 17.