ATLANTA (WTOC) - Clocks spring forward an hour for Daylight Saving Time and Georgia Emergency Management Agency reminds residents to take steps for emergency preparedness.
While adjusting clocks forward an hour, GEMA's Ready Georgia campaign is asking residents to conduct an emergency preparedness check.
GEMA recommends taking these preparedness steps:
- Test smoke alarms and replace batteries at least once a year.
- Check out your Ready kit
- Check expiration dates on food, water, medication
- Check equipment. Does your battery-powered radio work?
- Check the batteries in your NOAA weather radio and flashlights.
- Adjust kit for changes. Did you get a new pet or do you have new medication? Update the kit as needed.
GEMA also recommends reviewing your family emergency plan. GEMA's website and Ready Georgia mobile app allows residents to fill out a personal profile, update medical information, phone numbers and any other details that have changed in the last year.
For more information, visit www.ready.ga.gov.